Family Music Making
Family Music Making baby and family groups are run throughout the North Hertfordshire area. They aim to promote singing and music making as a natural part of daily life for all the family.
Through traditional songs, finger rhymes, dance and percussion instrument playing we aim to introduce you and your children to the joy of music making together. We like to think that the music we make is for everybody in the sessions and will often tap into to songs and games from other countries.
- During the term we will sing action songs and finger rhymes
- Dance together
- Explore sound makers and musical instruments with plenty of time to create and make music that is all about your child.
- Play with puppets
- Focus on a listening activity
- Remind ourselves of the traditional songs of our cultures which are so very important.
- Occasionally we introduce a new class to the week which focuses babies under ones and their parents. This class introduces parents to some adorable tickle and tactile songs, some songs for distraction, some that are soothing or uplifting. We explore sounds and play around with some musical instruments. There is also an opportunity for the adults to relax and listen to music and try to unwind. The class is held in a safe, private environment and with small numbers there is a family feel to these sessions. Many families continue to come to music long after the babies reach one.
- Most of all we have fun